This might not be a traditional stir fry but it’s delish! It’s my version of broccoli mushroom stir fry with tons and tons of green veggies and nuts. I was going to say it is vegetarian but I just realized it’s vegan. Even better.
I used all ingredients I usually have on hand – walnuts (I buy pieces because they are cheaper), frozen peas and broccoli. I don’t usually have portobello mushrooms on hand but this time I did. They are meaty and add a lot of flavour.
Adapted From : https://ifoodreal.com/broccoli-mushroom-stir-fry/
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cashews, optional water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, optional water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional
- Number One, In a large skillet on high heat, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, ginger, and water. Cook, stirring often until broccoli is soft and onions are translucent. Add broth and more as needed to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- Number Two, Stir in the carrot, cashews, vinegar, soy sauce, and coconut sugar. Stir well and simmer for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve alone or on top of quinoa or brown rice.