Crispy Hawaiian Garlic Chicken made with a soy garlic sauce and fried jalapeño rings. This is a spicy version of your favorite island takeout!
We love Hawaiian food, especially Hawaiian takeout food and this recipe is the PERFECT main course served with rice and Hawaiian Macaroni Salad.
Adapted From : http://www.receitaspratos.com/crispy-hawaiian-garlic-chicken/
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 jalapeno sliced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- Number One, Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Number Two, Slice the jalapeno into 1/4 thick slices [if using].
- Number Three, Heat oil on high heat, to 350 degrees.
- Number Four, In a bowl, mix the salt, flour and cornstarch and coat the chicken in the mixture.
- Number Five, Add about 1/4 of the chicken to the oil at a time, frying in batches.
- Number Six, Once the chicken is fried add the jalapeños to the oil and fry for 30 seconds.
- Number Seven, While the chicken is frying add the rest of the ingredients to a saucepan and bring it to a boil, whisking well.
- Number Eight, When the mixture reaches a boil, turn off the heat.
- Number Nine, Once all the chicken is fried, toss it with the sauce mixture.