The easiest Greek grilled chicken that’s perfect for weeknight dinners! I serve mine with a side salad and roasted potatoes but this would be great with just about anything!
It’s that time again! When we make quick, delicious, easy, and healthy midweek dinners.
Summery, simple to make dinners are kinda my jam right now! Like the simple asian grilled chicken I shared earlier last week. Have you made it yet? It’s so flavorful. And this is the latest addition. Chicken marinated in a marinade made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, chopped herbs, like thyme, rosemary, and oregano, minced garlic, a little olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Herby, light, and citrusy chicken that’s sure to please everyone.
- Adapted From :https://littlespicejar.com/greek-grilled-chicken/
For the marinade:
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh ore
- gano leaves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoons dried
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full fat yogurt for best results)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
For the skewers:
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces for skewers
- 6–8 skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in water for 30-minutes before grilling)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Number One, Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Seal and massage the bag to combine all the ingredients.
- Number Two, Add the chicken to the bag turning to coat. Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turn the bag a few times while marinating.
- Number Three, Preheat gas grill to 400F.
- Number Four, Pour the marinated chicken pieces into a large strainer to remove the excess marinade. Thread chicken pieces onto the skewers alternating with peppers and onions. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.