These Italian Cannoli Cookies combine all the ingredients and flavors you would expect from a cannoli into a cookie! Ricotta cheese, mini chocolate chips, pistachios, amaretto and citrus flavors explode in your mouth – topped off with a dark chocolate drizzle and sprinkles for holiday cheer.
Adapted From : https://www.oatandsesame.com/italian-cannoli-cookies/
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 10 ounce bag mini chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Number One, In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs then ricotta cheese until well combined then mix in the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and fresh orange zest.
- Number Two, Next, mix in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Mix in the flour. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and the pistachios. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
- Number Three, Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Number Four, Using a medium cookie scoop or spoon, drop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Number Five, Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for about 8-11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool slightly then move to wire racks to cool completely.
- Number Six, Microwave remaining chocolate chips on high in a small microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small resealable bag, clip one corner slightly, then drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Let cool for chocolate to set.