This literally comes together in less than 10 min prep and another 10 min in the pressure cooker. The chicken is so tender and the flavors are just unbelievable here! After this, you’ll never want to make burrito bowls without your Instant Pot!
- 1teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1cup of uncooked extra-long grain rice
- 1/2teaspoon of paprika
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 14.5oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1teaspoon of onion powder
- 2teaspoons of chili powder
- 1teaspoon of cumin
- 2 1/4cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2cups of reduced fat colby jack monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- freshly diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- kosher salt and pepper
- sour cream
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to Instant Pot and hit Saute button, then hit adjust button to set to More.
- Season diced chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Once oil is hot, add chicken to pot in two batches to encourage browning.
- Once chicken is browned, add onions and cook until they start to soften.
- Add additional tablespoon of olive oil and uncooked rice and toast uncooked rice for about 2 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown. Don’t skip this step. Rice needs to be toasted.
- Stir in black beans, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Once the liquid is added, use wooden spoon or spatula to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pot to prevent burn notice.
- Lock Instant Pot lid in place and set to Manual, High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use Quick Pressure Release, and once pressure pin drops, open Instant Pot and fluff Chicken Burrito Bowl with fork.
- Sprinkle with cheese, recover and let set for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and guacamole.