Lemon Cake a delicious moist Italian Cake, and all you need is a tablespoon for measurement. Fast and Easy and so good. The perfect Breakfast, Snack or Dessert Cake Recipe.
Adapted From : https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/lemon-cake/
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons ( about 2 tbsps.)
- 1. Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together and mix until the glaze is smooth.
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, at room temperature
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of lemon zest
- Mix the all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Number One, Sift flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger, and lemon zest.
- Number Two, Mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix in the buttermilk and then add in the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until the flour disappears. Pour the cake batter into a bundt pan that has been generously sprayed with baking spray.
- Number Three, Bake for 70 to 80 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the cake over on a cake platter. Spread the lemon glaze over the warm cake so that the glaze can soak into the cake. Let the cake cool completely and drizzle the lemon cream cheese frosting over the cake.