If you didn’t have time to go your go to burrito spot, good, because this vegan burrito bowl is way healthier than what you were going to eat. It is packed with nutrients and you can add or take off whatever toppings you want. The creamy cilantro dressing marries all the flavors and makes each bite more enjoyable than the last.
Adapted From :https://www.dherbs.com/recipes/recipe/wild-rice-burrito-bowl-creamy-cilantro-dressing/
For the burrito bowl
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- 1½ heaping cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- roasted chickpeas
- ¼ avocado, sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp corn
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp refried beans
For the dressing:
- ¼ tsp each salt, freshly ground pepper, ground cumin and chili powder
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ ripe avocado, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¾ cup almond milk* (I used Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original)
- Number One, To assemble the bowl:
Add the lettuce to the bottom of a serving bowl, add rice and other desired toppings then drizzle with cilantro-lime avocado dressing.
- Number Two, For the dressing:
In a blender, combine Almond Breeze, olive oil, avocado, green onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper and cumin; blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.